Remembering Viktor 🦎

How do I volunteer? How do I learn what to do? Plus news and chat for volunteers.
houbsta
Site Admin

Remembering Viktor 🦎

Post by houbsta »

We heard today (Wednesday) that Viktor Reptoid, with us since at least WorldJam 10, from St Petersburg Russia, died suddenly on Tuesday evening. It happened shortly after a Jamulus rehearsal which he left, not feeling well. We are in shock at the news.

Feel free to share any thoughts or tributes on the WorldJam Facebook pages, or the forum. Particularly performances that you think might be included in a tribute show. He was also a familiar voice (and sound effect creator) backstage. He helped many musicians soundcheck and learn the ropes, and created the current jingle you hear when backstage is live. His spirit will live on with us.

viktor.jpg
viktor.jpg (231.7 KiB) Viewed 3628 times
--
Simon Houbsta
Keys - Guitar - Bass - Vocals
TheBoC1

Re: Remembering Viktor 🦎

Post by TheBoC1 »

Viktor was a funny, hugely talented, modest man. I co-hosted a show with him and laughed myself into jelly. I joined Viktor on songs many times and it was always a joy. I would love his rendition of YMCA to be included in any show about him. I hope his family will get to know how much he was loved and respected around the world. Viktor ‘The Bing Bong Man’ will never be forgotten.
nils

Post by nils »

Hi everybody, I just wanted to say that I'm shocked at the news of Viktor's unexpected death. He was such a nice and open minded person and still only in his mid 30s. We had chats about technology and Jazz music and I found he was very serious about every instrument he touched or music he fathomed while he always made me laugh with his great sense of humor. He was a very special person and I really miss him deeply, though I only know him from the internet. We lost a very special person who not only played music, as many people do, but used music for the better, to connect and to share. I will always remember him as one of the special people you meet in life. Those that leave an impression and inspire you. My heartfelt condolences to his family. I'm very sorry for your loss. nils
houbsta
Site Admin

Post by houbsta »

In honour of late friend and great musician Viktor Reptoid the WorldJam community worked together to make this tribute. Musicians that played with him say a few words, and there are extracts from some of his memorable performances.

Sunday 10th April 17:00 BST / 18:00 CEST
--
Simon Houbsta
Keys - Guitar - Bass - Vocals